The QuickBooks Enhanced Payroll 2013 is the latest upgrade to the useful QuickBooks programs for companies. The brand is known for their high-quality results and innovative features, making it easier for companies to fix their employee payment system. For those who are considering buying this product, following is a comprehensive review of this QuickBooks program.
- Federal Employer Identification Number
- Internet Access must have at least a 56Kbps modem
- QuickBooks Pro or Premier or anything newer
- Windows XP, Vista or 7
- Minimum of 512 MB RAM but works best at 1GB
- At least 2.5 GB disk space, more needed for data files as generated
- Minimum of 16-bit or higher color resolution
- Minimum of 2.0 GHz Pentium 4 processor, however, a 2.4 GHz will work better
- The program is optimized to run on 1024×768 resolution
- Needs a 4x CD-ROM drive
- Must have a Microsoft .NET 3.5 run-time
QuickBooks Enhanced Payroll Features
- Creates accurate paychecks in just 3 easy steps.
- Integrated with other QuickBooks software/modules
- Offers help from the experts whenever necessary
- Capable of completing payroll tax forms
- Single click for payment and storage to an electronic file or device without adding to the cost.
- Compatible with Windows 8
QuickBooks Enhanced Payroll Advantages
With the QuickBooks Enhanced Payroll, there’s no question that users will find numerous advantages for their business. Following are just few of the perks of getting this new version.
- Easy to use – like the QuickBooks programs before it, this latest edition is specially created for easy use. Practically everything is programmed, allowing individuals to simply check the entries and approve them for finalization. If the user is already familiar with how QuickBooks works, then getting acquainted with the 2013 version will not be a problem.
- Saves time with payment – thanks to the ease of use and single-click options, users will be able to save time on their payroll generation. Instead of taking days to wrap up this month’s payroll, users only need hours or even minutes to get everything in order. This means timely payment to employees and more time to sort out other jobs.
- Works with Windows 8 – businesses that have adjusted to the new Windows version wouldn’t have any problem installing this program. The latest edition is compatible with Windows 8 and will be able to provide all the features without crashing. It can also work with the later versions including Windows 7, XP and Vista.
- Works with payroll tax forms – this is an excellent feature considering how much work payroll tax forms necessitate. With QuickBooks, individuals will have no problem checking Federal and State payroll taxes as the program does this automatically.
- Automatically subtracts the taxes from payroll – aside from computing state and federal taxes, the program also automatically subtracts the resulting amount from the total for an accurate computation.
- Tracks job costs within QuickBooks – this is ideal for employers that pay on a per-job basis. The QuickBooks program keeps track of the cost per job per employee, allowing them to know exactly how much will be paid at the end of the pay period. This allows for an accurate representation of expenses in the Financial Statements.
- Transparency and Integration – the program makes it easy for business owners to monitor the process of the payroll computation at any given time. Thanks to the automation of the whole process, the chances of errors become minimal. Printing the statements and linking them with other QuickBooks modules for the computation of an accurate FS is also possible.
Of course, those aren’t the only advantages of this particular program. As users become familiar with the QuickBooks Payroll program, they’d find that there are numerous perks to using this program compared to manual computation, other accounting programs, or even the older version of the QuickBooks payroll system.
QuickBooks Enhanced Payroll Disadvantages
- It seems that the main problem with the QuickBooks Enhanced Payroll is the customer service. It takes a long time to get connected with the people behind the program. However, this problem is only present in the earlier reviews as it seems as though QuickBooks has already resolved the problem.
- Note that although the program is compatible with different operating systems, it does not work well with QuickBooks for Mac and QuickBooks Online.
QuickBooks Enhanced Payroll Pricing
The pricing of the product really depends on the number of employees that will be paid using the payroll. Upon purchase of the product, users can pay up to 3 employees and can add more to it. However, additional fees would be applied if the users choose 4 or more employees to be part of the payroll.
The product comes with a 60 day money back guarantee, allowing individuals to change their mind should they find themselves not happy with the results. So far however, users of the product have shown that they are perfectly happy with the results with no need to take advantage of the guarantee.
Barring the problem with customer service, the QuickBooks new Payroll system program has gotten good reviews through its ease of use and extensive capabilities, especially when it comes to tax payments. Later reviews about the program after QuickBooks evidently improved their customer service line has all been good, earning it a high-star ranking in most retail domains.
Who Will Benefit?
Due to the restriction on the number of employees, the QuickBooks Enhanced Payroll is best used by businesses all over the country. Specially geared to be used by small business owners who prefer to do the payroll on their own, this program saves on payment for a payroll accountant. At the same time, it allows the employer to ascertain accuracy of the payroll as well as the taxes being remitted per employee.
All in all, the program is definitely a good purchase for those who want something fast, simple and accurate. Considering how the financial side of the business demands updated data with accurate information, this is the small business owner’s ultimate tool to keep up with the payroll-related finances.
For more information, try QuickBooks Enhanced Payroll product page on Amazon